Saturday, July 14, 2012

Locked and Loaded


The first activity during our weekend of anniversary celebration was hitting the shooting range.  It's our "Activ-ersary" weekend;)

I know you are jealous of my pink shooting glasses:) 
It's something that I've been talking about for months.  My desire to learn how to shoot stemmed from wanting to be able to protect myself and probably watching a little too much of American Guns, Duck Dynasty, and other Discovery television shows.  

Getting everything set. 


After a quick run this morning, we headed to Hite Hollow Shooting Range.  We brought along a 380 and 45 to practice.  I  started with the 380, but then moved to the 45.  I'll admit that I was a bit freaked out when we first got out of the car because there were rifles firing really loud and there were already people on the pistol range.  Once I was out there and knew the people around us were being safe, I was ready to rock.  


It didn't take long before I was tearing up the clays that Rich hung up for us and even destroyed a shotgun shell that he hung just for kicks to see if I could hit it.  I preferred the 45 over the 380 even though it has a pretty strong kick.  My aim was much better for some reason, maybe the heavier weight?
The 380

Would I do this again?  Heck yeah.  I loved every minute of it.  On to shotgun shooting next....  Oh yeah, and maybe a blinged out gun of my own?! 

Knocking them down! 

Rich tearing it up. 

The 45....picked two off the top and the shotgun shell!

Random wild turkey crossing the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment