Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Soccer is OVER.

Ummm, yeah. 
Thank the good Lord that soccer is over for the season.  The pulled quad from 5 weeks ago still isn't healed, although it has improved with the use of electric stim and heat.  Our last game of the season was on Sunday.  We played the same team that we crushed the week before, but we were missing our main center midfielders which did us in.  The final score was 4-3.  And as luck would have it I strained my right quad this time.  I'm pretty sure it was because I was trying to baby the left one and had no choice but to attempt to sprint in our last game.  I also think that sprinting hills could be part of the culprit.  I didn't do many flat surface sprints which would have allowed me to extend my legs a little more rather than lifting them upwards.  We'll see what happens once I'm healed and try out flat sprints.  


I can't wait to be fully healed; between my wrist and my legs I'm a walking disaster.  I still need PT twice a week for my wrist and think that I may have to stop lifting all together for several more weeks.  Fun times.  

Lovely wrapped quad
On a positive note, I did do a nice 3.5 mile run this morning which didn't aggravate the quad.  It really only hurts when I stretch it or sprint.  I plan on focusing on running until the good old Turkey Trot in a few weeks!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment