Friday, July 22, 2011

Almond Butter Whey Cookies

Rich and I are easing ourselves into cleaning eating again.  It really is how we should always eat, but with eating out so much and teenagers who demand snack foods it is hard to do.  I think we've done pretty good this week and we will do even better next week.  I am always looking for clean meals to cook and Rich is always looking for clean desserts:)  I came across quite a few clean desserts in this month's edition of Oxygen magazine.  We baked the almond butter whey cookies, with a few changes of our own.  They turned out to be really good!

This is what they looked like before I put them in the oven.  I was so excited when I took them out that I didn't take another picture!
Almond Butter Whey Cookies (from Oxygen)
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tbsp almond butter (i used natural pb)
  • 1 scoop of whey protein powder (i used egg protein powder)
  • 1 egg white 
  • 2 packets of Stevia, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 cup carob chips (i used mini dark chocolate chips)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix with clean hands.
  3. Shape the dough into golf-ball-sized balls.  Place onto the cookie sheet, about an inch-and-a-half apart.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Serve.  
Rear double bicep
I haven't had time to take any good pictures, but here is one I got Rich to snap the other day.  There is definitely a difference in the size of my triceps (the curve at the bottom of my arm), but still working on leaning up a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment