Monday, February 25, 2013

Cardio and Abs

I'd really prefer not to do cardio, but I feel like I need to get some in with the soccer season just getting started and I'd like to lean out a bit.  I've been doing sprints for the last few weeks to get myself ready, which paid off on Sunday when we played a young team of college students.  They were super fast and agile compared to us!  We got crushed 7-1, but I have faith that next time we play them we'll be working together as a team.  Most of us met for the first time just 30 minutes before the game.

Back to cardio...this morning I did 10 minutes of incline walking (15.0 incline, 3.0 speed) and 10 minutes of running (1.0 incline, 7.5 speed).

This was followed up with a HIIT type of ab workout.

  • 1 minute of burpees, 30 russian twists with 25 lb plate X 2
  • 10 sprints, 90 second plank X 2
  • 1 minute bike sprint, 100 crunches X 2
  • 30 sec jumping jacks, 25 hanging leg raises X 2
It was good to get the ole heart rate up there and keep it going.  I know I burned plenty of calories because within an hour of eating 3 eggs and two blueberry paleo pancakes I was starving again.

So far I've eaten:

  • 1/3 cup oatmeal, flax, chia, protein powder, unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 eggs, two pancakes
  • 1/2 can leftover tuna with greek yogurt mixed in
  • 2 eggs, 1/2 sweet potato, spinach salad with greek yogurt dressing
  • Still have 1/2 sweet potato and can of tuna for later on this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment