Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blueberry Paleo Pancakes

I've been trying to use of some of the coconut flour that I bought, so I tried a new pancake recipe this morning and of course put my own spin on it.  The original recipe came from Paleo Spirit

This recipe made 20+ pancakes with only ONE CUP of coconut flour....high fiber, high protein, low carb.  That's how I roll. 



Ingredients
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 cup coconut flour
  • 2 scoops egg protein
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • coconut oil for frying
Directions
  • Beat eggs and then whisk in wet ingredients.
  • Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and then slowly add to the wet ingredients. 
  • Mix well. 
  • Use coconut oil to grease a griddle at 400 degrees and then cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side.  
*I added blueberries to mine:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment