Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No 1/2 marathon...

for now at least.  I missed 3 of the last long Sunday runs because I was sick and/or injured.  After getting sick and being out for a week, the shin splints and tendinitis came back and slowed me down tremendously.  There is no way that I'll be ready to run on the 30th, so I'm going to have to look for some shorter races for now.  I am still determined to do a 1/2 marathon in the future, just not now.  For those of you who know how competitive I am, you'll understand just how frustrated I am right now and how frustrated I would be if I ran it and did not do well. 

Sooooo, I am going to stick to 4 miles or so a day and find another training guide for a future race.  I really enjoyed having a guide to check off each day as I accomplished my goal.  Track practice at school starts this afternoon, so I will be getting in a couple of runs each Tuesday and Thursday with the kids.  I am planning a 30 minute long run with them this afternoon along with some speed drills.  The other coach is leaving me  high and dry because he has class, so I'll have 60 kids to organize all by my lonesome.  It should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment