Saturday, April 23, 2011

MountainSide Petting Farm

While Rich was off hiking and rockclimbing with his Outdoor Adventure class, Hailey, Grandma and I went to MountainSide Petting Farm.  It was a very short trip and such a small local place that it wasn't crowded at all.  The weather was perfect, overcast and warm, not too hot.  Hailey had a great time meeting all of the animals; a camel, a cow, horses, donkeys, goats, sheep, a pot belly pig, peacocks, ducks, chickens, and an albino wallaby!

My favorite animals were the two donkeys that followed us around everywhere trying to get food and a quick pat on the head.  It was a toss-up between the donkeys and the miniature horse for Hailey, although this girl loves some ducks.  Chloe, the 3 year old camel, was a force to be reckoned with.  I'm glad she was behind the fence!  She was able to sneak up on you and steal the whole bucket of food in seconds! I'm not a huge fan of goats and I don't think Hailey or Grandma liked them much either.  Their devlish eyes freak me out!

Sorry for the picture overload, but Hailey likes to go back through the blog and look at the pics:)

Chloe the camel.

One of Hailey's favorites.

Such a friendly donkey!

Eye to eye.

Peacock ruffling his feathers.

The albino wallaby.  Kind of looks like a huge rat, don't ya think?

Roosters

One of the goats that kept trying to climb under the fence for food.

More of the scary creatures;)

Bbaaaaaa

Yikes!  How does this dude see?

Yeah, I know I took a lot of pics of ugly goats.

Ms. Chloe, aka Mrs. Pick Your Pockets

Hailey over having her picture taken.

Grandma about to get kissed by a camel!

Perfect size horse for Hay Hay.

Loud peacocks and ducks.

Chloe showing off her rear.

My favorite donkey trying to get to the Easter Eggs.

Being polite this time.

La Dee Da, the cow.

My what big teeth you have!

Excited!

My favorites:)

Regal

Mr. Rooster

Can I take him home with me?


Huge pig!

Love them!

Quick before Chloe gets us!


Saying goodbye!
We had to say goodbye to all of the animals and of course we forgot a few, so Hailey had to yell out the window goodbye to each of them five minutes down the road:)

No comments:

Post a Comment