Sunday, May 1, 2011

PHETE BBQ and Fishing Extravaganza

On Saturday we invited a few of Rich's classmates over for a BBQ and fishing tournament.  I know I've said it before, but I love having people over because I can drink and not worry about driving, the house gets cleaned, and we do not have to travel anywhere.  The same was true for Saturday.  At first I wasn't too sure about having all of these 21 year olds over, but once they got here we all had a great time.  One of Rich's professors, who happens to be a very attractive 25 year old former national soccer player, came over as well.  I think I would have a hard time concentrating in his class;) 

We grilled up some turkey burgers and Jessica and I made pasta salad, potato salad, mixed greens salad, and strawberry shortcake.  Then, after a few hours of fishing, we returned home to grill what seemed like a million steaks....seriously, I think we grilled 20 of them and ate them all!  I don't even have to talk about the fishing because we all know that I out fish everyone:)  I gave up my rod to Cory after a while to see if he could catch up.  We had so much fun that Matt and Cory will be back Tuesday for some more action on the lake.

One of my 7 catches.

The crew on the other side of the lake.

Cory finally figuring it out after I gave him some pointers;)

Cory catching up after I stopped fishing.

Rich finally getting to fish after being a good host.

Rocky, JJ, and Matt not having much luck.

Cory and Rich manning the grill.

Midnight steaks.

Cory's girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment