Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Dinners


I'm finally really, really trying to plan out dinners for each week.  We eat out way too much, but it is really hard to coordinate cooking with all of our after school activities; the gym, after study, Rich's classes, softball practice, youth group, therapy for the kids, visitation for the kids, choir practice, and possibly track for E?!  This is one of the reasons why I am up a the crack of dawn every day!

So, I finally printed out a template for weekly dinners, filled it out, and promptly failed cooking dinner on night one!!!

The rest of the week looks like this...
  • Tuesday- Pot Roast with carrots, potatoes and celery.  
  • Wednesday- Oven fried chicken, quinoa, green beans
  • Thursdsay- Turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and asparagus
  • Friday- Homemade pizza and salad
  • Saturday- Chili, rice, and cornbread
  • Sunday- Mrs. Rowe's :)
(Our first homemade pizza...gluten free and all!  Forgot to take a pic when it came out of the oven!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl I feel you on this one!! I just started the weekly meal planner when I had to go back to work. Gideon wants to nurse basically ALL evening when I get home, so I have to be mega-prepared!! Hang in there, it actually is helpful once you get in the swing of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know it will be...I just need a few more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete