Wednesday, February 16, 2011

AM Gym

In an effort to increase the amount of cardio I do in a day, I've been hitting the gym in the morning and then attempting to make it back there in the evening.  I really thought that I would hate going in the morning because I already have such a full plate, but I actually LOVE it. 

I have to leave the house for work at 7:15 these days because I am tutoring 3 mornings a week now.  So, I get up at 5:00 am, eat my oatmeal and green tea, feed and walk the dogs in the dark, and hit the gym no later than 6:00 am.  This way I can get 30 minutes of cardio in and maybe a quick workout before heading home at 6:45 am.  This is when it gets stressful.  I have to shower, get myself ready, pack my lunch, and take the dogs back outside all within thirty minutes.  So far I've made it to tutoring on time each morning, but this morning my hair was still wet when I left home and while driving to work I realized I forgot to put on any jewelry.  I just about freaked out when I looked down and didn't see my ring, but I am thankful that I know just where it is.  I've been able to make it back to the gym several evenings during the week as well.

As for the weight loss, no such luck.  I'm still only 5 lbs lighter than I started out at the beginning of January.  However, I was able to run 3 miles in 25 minutes on Monday (just over 8 minutes per mile), so I know I am making progress.  As Rich would say, "My arms are jacked"...or well on their way;)  I probably just need to lay off of the girl scout cookies!  I've doubled my leg workout since this is what really bothers I'm lifting heavy one day a week and then doing lots of squats and lunges two additional days. 

We'll see what this evening brings, but I'm looking forward to trying out my new kicks.  Rich bought me some Nike Free Run+ shoes that I have been on my list since the fall.  I haven't decided if I want to keep the all black look or trade them in for one of Nike's bright crazy colors...

No comments:

Post a Comment