Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holy Hips

So far I'm following my gym plan perfectly. However, for some reason these hips don't seem to be shrinking! Last week I logged 18 miles of running and training on the elliptical. I guess I need to knock it up a notch and either do more cardio or increase my speed, but I thought doing 10 minute miles was pretty good for my first few weeks back in the gym. Last week I did start doing more interval training, but so far I haven't noticed much improvement. I've also completely cut out ice cream from my nightly routine and had the willpower to buy Kline's for everyone else in the car but myself on not one, but two separate occasions! I am only taking one or two days off from the gym each week, but as of this morning I am only down 3 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I guess this just means that I am getting older and will need to work harder to see any improvement! However, I also know that I am gaining muscle because I am lifting heavy at the gym so maybe I'm gaining a little more muscle than I think? That's what I'm going to tell myself for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment